Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Feliz Navidad!!

Well, it´s that time of year. I´m so excited for Christmas. First off,
I keep forgetting to tell you about this. The buses here are like the
buses from Harry Potter. The driving is crazy and half the streets are
cobblestone. Anyway, things here have been moving along. We have three
more baptismal dates. Two of them for January and 1 for December. It´s
exciting. We also have another for..... March I believe. He is going
home to Peru for 3 months and wants to wait until he gets back. He met
with the sister missionaries once two months ago, but they did not
give us the reference until recently. So, no one has seen him for two
months. When we met him, he told us that he had been reading the Book
of Mormon the entire time and loves it. He reminds us every time to
mark a section for him to read. I´m surprised that he has not read the
entire book by now. He works as a security guard from 8am to 8pm every
day, so attending church will most likely be hard. His name is Daniel.
Carlos is doing pretty good as well. He is the Jehovah´s Witness. He
came to church for a little bit this last sunday and is reading and
praying every day. I´m excited for him. He even told his other church
that he would not be coming back to them. We have some amazing
investigators.
We have not moved into the new apartment yet. Someone got there before
us, but we still have a possibility if they fall through, so we are
still waiting to see. I´m excited. I don´t know why, but I love the
fact that the kitchen is pink. I think it is hilarious.
Spanish is always a trial, but I am trying to speak up more. It´s
really hard to go tracting. It´s still my least favorite thing to do
and we did it all during the capilla abierta. We are the first to have
an open house for our chapel in this mission. They saw great success
in Mexico and wanted to start the program here. After that hard time,
my companion and I thought up some goals to help me be more
comfortable with talking to other people. Right now, it´s my job to
say ¨hola¨ to everyone we walk by, give the baptismal invitation, and
ring the door bell. Those are easier baby steps. I do like listening
to them talk though. I don´t understand everything, but they are so
patient and kind. They are impressed that I have only been in
Argentina for 3 weeks, I guess that I´m doing better than I thought
with the language. I know that that is an immense blessing from the
Lord.
I am not liking the insects here. I´m not sure what I am being bit by,
but all the bites swell up pretty big so my leaders think that I am
allergic to something. I have one on my leg right now that is about
the size of two quarters next to each other. All in all, about two
inches long and about an inch to an inch and a half wide. My index
finger is swollen too, but I can still use it. It just itches and
hurts at the same time. I just thought I would tell you how much I
love insects.
The ward is awesome. They are all so kind, and most of them know
english to an extent and are helping me with my vocabulary. A lot of
them are from the states. I met an older sister missionary here who
says that she is a sister to a Sister Seistrand from Las Vegas. It was
nice talking to someone about Las Vegas.
I want to write people, but I am not exactly sure how to go about
doing it. It costs 9 pesos (about 2 dollars) to mail a single letter
to the states. That is a lot of money every week for all the people I
want to write. What suggestions do  you have?
We set up with a member for me to skype at 4pm our time which is 11am
your time. We did not really set up to do calls, so I really hope the
skype works. We will see what happens though.
It´s so good to hear from you every week. I hope things go better for
you. I know that the Lord will bless you. Keep the faith. I know that
you are all amazing. I love you so much. Please don´t forget that.
I´ll talk to you soon.

Merry Christmas!
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment