Monday, February 20, 2012


Hola Everyone!
 
Hope all is going well with you. It´s been an awesome week. So first of all, yes Hermana Reed was tranferred to one of the areas down south. She is not the biggest fan of cold and it´s approaching winter. It´s already snowing down there and it´s still technically summer! Her flight is this thursday so we will be a trio until then. Her companion is Hermana Gutierrez (one of the sisters from the MTC). I´m so excited for her. My companion is Hermana Milmont. We are going to go pick her up at 4pm today so hopefully I´ll be on again later today with a photo. I can´t wait to meet her.
 
Because of transfers it´s going to be a pretty chill p-day. I´m actually sad that I won´t be playing fútbol today. I know, quite a shock, huh? So I weighed myself the other day and I have lost 15 lbs and about 4 inches off my waist. All this walking and playing fútbol is doing some good. ^_^ Don´t worry, I´m still eating pretty good. I´m actually eating more now than I have before. Although, I am eating less sweets, but craving them just as much. I think my favorite food that I have had is the empanadas. They are absolutely fabulous! I hope that we buy some today. I have found a couple staple foods here and it´s green olives and eggs. Both of these things are, literally, in everything. And I know that eggs are already in everything, but I mean hard boiled eggs or fried eggs. Just thought I´d let you know since you were wondering what the staples were here.
 
My watch did die and I can´t live that long without one here on the mission so I´m going to be using a little of my money from my account; just so you are aware.
 
So Monica is doing really good. This last tuesday, we went and visited with her at a small park close to her home. She was there playing with her little brother and for once she looked like a child. I was so happy to see her so carefree for a little bit. We are still working with her on her baptism and are planning for it in two weeks. The other Hermanas have one this coming weekend. We are so excited for them. His name is Angel. He is such a sweetheart and a gentleman and pretty much has taught himself the lessons. He is golden and is so excited for his baptism. There was a little hiccup because for a bit he thought they were Jehovah´s Witnesses. That was cleared up and they are back on track. He´s about 20 and wants to serve a mission as well.
 
We have not been able to find Juan Carlos or Terecita again, but we shall see what happens. We have had other successes this week. We went to go talk with one of our street contacts and another person was outside her door. Turns out that there is actually 4 houses there. She wasn´t feeling well so we stayed and talked with the gentleman that was outside her door. More acurately, he started speaking with us. His name is Dario and he just moved here from further north about 2 years ago. He had the discussions from the missionaries in his other home through the english classes and loved them. He was so excited to talk to us. He had passed by the chapel in our area, but never went in. He is a private tutor of calculus, biochemistry, physics, biology, and micro biology. You can imagine how excited I was to talk to him. He´s also only 42. We are extatic to talk to him more.
 
I know it´s a small thing, but I was so excited to find casaba melon in the store last week. I thoroughly enjoyed my time eating it, and now Hermana Bray really likes it as well. The fruit here is delicious and so fresh. I tend to have two plums and a couple granoala bars for breakfast. They are really good. With all the fresh ingredients, the cooking here is wonderful. We went to a member´s house for lunch this last week and had apple crisp. She´s from the US and went to culinary school. I´m going to leave it at that.
 
The ward is still awesome. We are working at finding the miembro justo for each of our investigators and have had great success. Our ward mission leader is still wonderful and so is his wife. They are working so hard for us and speaking up for us in the ward. They want to help so much and he has come to several of our appointments and given us wonderful advice. The work here is just going to keep growing. I don´t know if I explained the arboles de converso. Basically you have one person, a recent convert or a menos activo. You work with them sharing the Gospel with their friends and family. Through this one person, you have 30 or new active converts. It is a wonderful vision from our President. One of our menos activos who was baptized about 2 years ago was talking with us the other day and we asked if he knew anyone that God was preparing to receive the Gospel. He gave us 6 names of his friends and 5 of them live in our area. We are constantly receiving references and baptismal dates, but the people live in other areas. We were speachless when he gave us these references. On top of that, we have a family night set up with them for this next friday.
 
The work here is starting to boom. I have felt all of your prayers and I cannot thank you enough. It has been an amazing last week of the transfer. I know that a lot of that was due to your prayers. I have also felt the strength and love this week from all of you. Thank you so much. I love you all and will talk to you soon.
 
Love
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment