Monday, March 19, 2012


Hola!!!
 
So another week has gone by. Wednesday, the doctor said I could work a half schedule. We have visited a lot of people, but nobody was home. We had stake conference this last sunday and it was amazing. It was all about missionary work. President and Sister Gulbrandsen even talked. There is a phrase here that I am in love with and say all the time. It´s ¨Bajar la cañe¨. Basically it means ¨crack the whip¨ or tell it how it is. Anyway, President bajó la cañe with the stake about having a current temple recommend and sharing the gospel with their friends.
 
I remembered one of the questions was if I had had any dreams in spanish. The first time there was any spanish in my dreams was when I was still with Hermana Reed about a month and a half ago. A couple weeks ago there was a lot of spanish in my dream. Everyone tells me that my spanish is really good and they are surprised when I tell them that I have only been in Argentina for 4 months. It seems like just yesterday I was telling them that I had only been in Argentina for 2 weeks. Time flies. I can´t believe that I´ve been on the mission for 6 months already, but at the same time, I can´t believe that I´ve only been on the mission for 6 months. There truly have been a lot of ups and downs and a lot of experiences. At this point I really need to learn a lot of vocabulary. It´s frustrating for both sides, when someone has to repeat themselves so many times and I still don´t understand. It is progressing though.
 
Several people have told me that they keep senior companions in areas for 3-4 transfers and junior companions move around a lot. I have been in Vicente López for 3 transfers or 4 months almost 4 1/2. I also don´t have the feeling that I will be transferred next transfer. I don´t know what the Lord has in store, but I am curious to see what happens. Hermana Milmont thinks that I will be training soon. What an experience that will be.
 
Our english classes are still coming good. We are finally getting some invitations and pamphlets out for it.
 
Because I have been inside for so long and still can´t work a full schedule, they have put me and Hermana Renteria together and Hermana Milmont and Hermana Salva together. The area is now back to one area and it´s huge. We pretty much redid everything, maps and all. We are still not done.
 
Well, my time is almost up. I love you all so much I hope all is well. I pray for you everyday that you may be safe and happy. I´ll talk to you soon.
 
Love
Hermana Alvey

No comments:

Post a Comment