Monday, August 13, 2012


Hola!!!!

So I just realized that I sent the pictures before I wrote the letter. As you probably have guessed, my companion threw me a surprise birthday party. It was a lot of fun. She pretended like she had forgotten my birthday the entire day. I was dissappointed but realized that it really wasn´t that important so I tried to forget my birthday as well. Later we went to the church to drop something off for the elders and there was a surprise party with some of our recent converts. It was nice to see them there. There were treats and chatting. At the end it was time for the cake and nobody brought candles so they tried to use matches. It didn´t work that well, but it was thoughtful. At the end everyone said that it was a tradition in Argentina to eat the first bite with only your mouth. Of course we all know what they wanted to do so I was a good sport about it. Luckily nothing got on my clothes or glasses. ^_^

We are very excited to go to the temple. I think I translated a little incorrectly the promise that was given. He said ¨Un nombre va a venir a su mente cuando está en el cuarto de sellamamiento que será su esposo.¨ It´s a struggle not to think about that every time we talk about the temple with the less actives. We saw the official photos of the temple and it is beautiful. I hope that we get to do at least one session during our mission or at the end.

Thank you for responding to my questions. I appreciate everything that you do for me. I wish that I could express my gratitude and love properly, but I hope you know how much I love you. We were talking with our elders about their line of authority and I realized that I don´t remember Dad´s. What is your line of authority? Out of the 8 elders in our group, only two knew theirs. Two others had their papers, but didn´t know their line and the rest. I know that this knowledge strengthens the testimony of the priesthood bearers to know that, in reality, their line of authority comes directly from Jesus Christ. I would hope and encourage all worthy priesthood holders who read this to look for their line of authority and remember it and remember that they literally hold the power of God to bless the nations of the world.

Not much has happened this week. We are doing better about finding people. We have three baptisms scheduled for this month and have dropped about three baptisms this month. It´s always hard and sad, but we need to find those people who are prepared and we know that they are there. We have that promise from the Lord and I know that He does not lie.

I feel all of your prayers every day and I am soooo grateful for them. I have found that I am not happy when I am not working and that has probably been one of the greatest blessings I have received. There are still hard days, but I am enjoying doing the Lord´s work. Yes, I can still do better, but I have come a long way. I still have a long way to go and I know that I have such a short time. I don´t know how time has been working for you, but it seems like yesterday I just arrived in the MTC and I am approaching my year mark. As I look back to see how far I have come, I am happy with the progress I have made. I am sad that, because of my pride and laziness, I have missed out on a lot of opportunities and changes, but I know that if I am faithful, the Lord can help me make the most of these last months of my mission. I pray for the charity and humility every day for the Lord to work in my life.

Well, it´s time to go play sports. I love you all soooooo much and pray for you daily. Stay safe and well. Don´t do anything that you aren´t supposed to.

Love
Hermana Alvey

No comments:

Post a Comment