Monday, February 18, 2013

Hola!!

So I have a surprise for all of you. We have transfers this coming sunday, but President received some revelations. I am no longer in Villa Urquiza with Hermana Peralta. I am in Belgrano (not Belgrano Sur) the next area over with... you´ll never guess.... Hermana Renteria!! We are pretty excited; unsure of what is going on and what the Lord has planned, but excited nonetheless.

We were actually doing intercambios (divisions) and at 10:30pm the night before we were to switch back, the asistants called us and said that we were staying that way. We were so surprised, and of course a little sad to leave our companions. We are pretty sure that we are not staying together, because we both end at the same time so that would leave Belgrano completely open.

I just got here, so I´m not sure what to talk about. It used to be an elder´s area 2 transfers ago, so Hermana Renteria and Hermana Hermosa opened it up for hermanas. The area 70 is in my area as well as the stake president. Most of the ward seems to be returned missionaries, several of which served in the states.

I do have an interesting story, though. So the pump has been broken for the baptismal font since December and Nuñez (the other area next to us who shares the same building) had had a baptism, so the water has been in there for about 2 1/2 months, then they finally got it working and they let out the water. The problem was that all the mold went to the bottom and they didn´t clean it for a couple weeks, so the mold stuck and grew. It was pretty gross as you can see in the photo with Hermana Renteria. It was interesting cleaning it. I sometimes joke about when the pump breaks. I would tell my companion: ¨This is why we baptize weekly, so the pump doesn´t break and the font stays clean.¨ Our goal as a mission is to baptize weekly. Not for the numbers, but it´s just like President Hinckley said: ¨We can double the numbers of baptisms. I´m not being unreasonable. We can have both quantity and quality.¨ The Lord is preparing in all the world in every area. There are ministering angels in all parts, both seen and unseen. The Lord is working hard, we need to as well.

Well, our time is up. I love you all sooo much. I hope you saw the video of the rededication. It was an amazing experience. If you haven´t seen it, still, here is the link. http://countrywebsites.lds.org/ar/ or just lds.org.ar

I will talk with you soon. Don´t forget to pray for missionary experiences.

Love
Hermana Alvey

No comments:

Post a Comment