Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Hola!!!!!!!!!

So another week has come and gone. We are dying of heat one minute and the next it´s freezing, but that is a normal week here in Buenos Aires. We are searching for the people the Lord has prepared and it is a dilligent search. We are working hard together and it has been a wonderful experience. Hermana Peralta has been through a lot in her life because of health reasons and actually has a prostetic in her right hip, yet she still goes forward. We are absolutely exhausted, but we are in the Lord´s work and He will take care of us if we do our part.

We are trying to find those who are prepared by the Lord and in turn are walking a lot. We know that the Lord is preparing people and that we need to do our part. It is a struggle when you aren´t teaching. The cycle is to teach when you find and find when you teach. Getting that cycle going is a little harder to do sometimes. We aren´t discouraged and we are trying every day to do better. I still remember what President Gulbrandsen told me when I first started the mission. You can´t be a missionary and be happy if you aren´t doing missionary things. I can finally say that I want to be here. Yes, there are things that I still long for at home (washing machines, sunday naps, etc), but I am no longer tempted by them and I know that they will be there when I get back. It´s a long struggle and it´s getting late (as Elder Holland says). I know that this is the Lord´s work and there is much to do.

I´m not really sure what else to talk about. We are expecting about 30 new missionaries this coming transfer and we normally receive about 10. It´s going to be fun. We are excited to see what happens in the mission. I went on intercambios with Hermana Renteria. We have practically been together in one form or another for our entire mission. I often think to myself about Mom and Dad with their companions 30-40 years later and what it will be like for me and my companions. We have all grown and changed so much. There are inside jokes and stories that only we know. 

Well, I wish that I could say, I had things to talk about, but it´s been very quiet and nothing you haven´t heard before. I guess no news is good news. I am very happy to see all the progress you all are making. I pray that you will continue moving forward, firm in the faith. Keep your chin up and never give up.

I love you.
Hermana Alvey

No comments:

Post a Comment