Monday, February 25, 2013


Hola!!!

So another week has come and gone with a lot of surprises. First of all, transfers. I was transfered back to Villa Urquiza and am with Hermana Velazquez. She was the one that Hermana Renteria did the second part of her training (or as we call it: her stepmom). Hermana Peralta goes home tomorrow. Hermana Renteria is going to be receiving a new missionary tomorrow when they arrive. There are still only two of us here in Villa Urquiza, and the weather is beautiful right now.

The week was a wonderful one. There was a wonderful missionary activity this last wednesday. All the returned missionaries (didn´t matter what year they served) brought things to display and share from their missions. Most of them had served within the last 10-15 years, but there was one of the counselors to the bishop who served about 20-30 years ago (I don´t remember). It was really cool to see all the different epics. A lot of them brought food from the different places which just made for an interesting time. There was a lot of sharing, reminiscing and the Spirit was really strong. Everyone felt motivated to share the Gospel especially after the special musical number. It was rendition of ¨I´ll go where you want me to go¨, ¨We´ll bring the world it´s truth¨, and ¨Called to serve Him.¨ I believe that it was by Janice Kapp Perry. It was really good and the Spirit was so strong. I look forward to doing something like that one day. There weren´t any non members, but had they been there, it would have touched there hearts. There were a lot of Institute youth there and I think that they are more excited now to go on a mission. I´m sending some photos from the activity. Belgrano has a great mission leader. He is from Brazil, but works for the church so he has traveled some with his wife and daughter. He knows Portuguese, Spanish, and , because of serving in Provo, english. He works hard for the work and looks to God for inspiration.

I am happy to be back in Villa Urquiza. I was very surprised but the Lord only needed me for a week in Belgrano. That´s ok, because He knows better. It will be interesting to see how this transfer goes. I will actually be finishing the last week of training of Hermana Velazquez. So I´m technically her 4th ¨mom¨. I don´t think anyone in our mission has that record.

We were so excited to hear about the 58 new missions. One of them, the Argentina Rivadavia mission, is actually the south of our mission. Rio Gallegos, Tierra Del Fuego, and all of that will be it´s own mission. I was one of the last sisters in Rio Gallegos, before it becomes it´s own mission in July. We were all so surprised by that. It´s an amazing time to be a missionary. I hope that all who can, take the opportunity to do so.

Well, there isn´t too much more to tell, so I´ll say goodbye for now. I love you all sooooo much. Stay cool and don´t forget the basics.

Love
Hermana Alvey

No comments:

Post a Comment