Monday, March 25, 2013

Hola!!!!

So it´s been a long interesting week. This is a great area and a great ward, but for now we are working the streets. Hermana Velazquez is more excited about it than I am, but she helps me a lot. I am willing and able to do anything the Lord has asked me to do. Living the law of consecration is a lot harder than I thought it would be. It´s not just being a mindless robot who does whatever it´s told. Living the law of consecration is something you have to choose every moment of every day. If we were to be mindless robots, we would be choosing Satan´s plan. To live God´s law, we need to choose to give Our Heavenly Father our heart, might, mind, and strength. Sometimes that´s not the easiest thing to do, but it is the wisest and the only way to true happiness. I would encourage all to look up the talk called ¨The Fourth Missionary¨. It is a wonderful talk and I feel that it applies to just more than missionaries.

We are both pretty much better from sicknesses and nobody got pink eye. We were both very happy about that. So the open house for the church will take place the first week in june and the missionary activity will take place the first weekend in may. I´m sad to miss both of the activities, but happy that people seem excited for them. No I am not legal, the paperwork took too much time and I couldn´t finish it because of some complications. The church will pay a fee so that I can leave the country.

I did not get the package still. We had interviews this last thursday. I get my mail my last day, so I believe that it will be there. I just hope that I can open it before I leave. Thank you soooo much for sending it.

We haven´t heard too much about the pope. There are signs everywhere, but people actually talking to us about the pope hasn´t really happened. I´m a little surprised.

I asked for the sweet and sour pork recipe for a member. We might make it ourselves next week, but I have to figure out if corn starch and canned pineapples exist here. I would love to eat it though. The vegetables are pretty fresh here, so it gives a good taste.

We had our general stake conference this last weekend and it was really uplifting. Elder Nelson was one of the speakers. They talked a lot about the family and about salvation and revelation. I will have to show all my notes from the mission to everyone because I don´t have enough time to write everything. Maria Elena came to the conference. She has had a rough life. I don´t know if she will get to baptism with us, but I sure will trying my hardest to do the Lord´s will in her life.

Well, it´s time to head out. I love you all soooo much. Keep safe, keep cool. Enjoy today, it´s the only time you have.

Love
Hermana Alvey

No comments:

Post a Comment