Wednesday, October 31, 2012


So it´s transfers and you know what.... I am returning to the north! My area is called Villa Urquiza and it´s in Belgrano. Turns out that the Zone Belgrano is the neighbor of Vicente Lopez. I couldn´t believe it when Hermana Hermosa told me where it was. My new companion is Hermana Vargas. I leave for the north Wednesday at 8:50 am. I am sad to leave Hermana Hermosa and this area, but I know that the Lord needs us where He has called us.

So as you saw, Santiago was baptized!! It was rough, but we also saw many miracles with his baptism. Thursday, we were waiting for a member to take us to the appointment. We had another appointment scheduled, but because of the baptism we put Santiago first to have daily contact. Our member was not comfortable with our original investigator that we had the appointment with so she was going to look for her husband to come with us. I felt as if we should not inform her about the change of investigator (partially because we had already called her a lot that day), and so she arrived. Her husband came in his car and we arrived. As we entered the house, we saw a freshly lit cigarette in the trash. We had arrived just as Santiago lit his good-bye cigarette. If the member knew of the change in plans, she would not have worked so hard to have her husband come with her and we would have arrived too late. Also, the Lord blessed us in the fact that something prevented Santiago in the moment before we arrived from smoking. We worked even harder with Santiago so that he would arrive at his baptism, and he did. His friend, Hermano Garcia, baptized him. Turns out that they grew up together. Hermano Garcia was baptized only a year ago. Everyone was so happy.

Yesterday we had two wonderful experiences with prayer. We had a FHE with a less active family who live at the end of our area. Before we entered, Hermana Hermosa prayed that we would find in this appointment those who are prepared to be baptized. We enter and there is just the mother and the daughter. When the rest of the family came, it turns out that they had invited the brother of the father who is not a member. We have a return appointment with him. Afterwards, we were running late to return home. We need about a half hour to get home from where we were and we left at about 9:10 pm. I said the closing prayer and asked that we return in safety and on time. As we were walking rapidly to our home, a member honked and called for us. He and his wife were on their way to visit a less active family and offered to give us a ride home. It was a wonderful blessing because we arrived at 9:23pm.

I am excited to see what happens with this coming transfer. There is so much to do and time is so short. The Lord has many blessings and miracles for us.

I hope everything will be ok in the east coast of the states. I can only imagine what it will be like for them. Look at the velocity of the winds here this last week. It´s been interesting to be outside. Friday, we were outside and there was hail, snow, rain, wind, and sun all at the same time. I don´t know how it was possible, and I wouldn´t believe myself if I hadn´t been in it. It was sure fun. Hermana Hermosa is excited to keep walking in it. ^_^

Well, it´s the last p-day and we have so much to do. I love you all sooooooo much and will talk with you soon.

Hermana Alvey

No comments:

Post a Comment