Saturday, November 26, 2011

last p-day

Hola!!
Yes it's my last p-day in the MTC. I am very excited but having p-day on Thanksgiving is not that fun. There is no schedule for the meals or laundry. Its terrible trying to get anything done, but I'm working it out. They have not taught us how to pack, but I think I can work it out.
Thank you for sending the package. I can't wait to get it.
I am so excited for tomorrow. We have In Field Training all day. I really don't know what it is, but I do know that there are people from "The District 2" It's pretty interesting to see them in person. We've seen them a couple times since we got here but not on a regular basis.
I am so excited for monday. I know that it will be interesting. As you can see, I have a very long flight and day ahead of me. I really did not think that I would be "ready to leave", but I am. I love the MTC but it's time for me to leave. It's amazing how the Lord changes your heart over time. This is just one of the many examples I have. I truly wish that you could be here with me to experience these things as well. I haven't even told you a quarter of the things I have seen, heard, and learned here. Some things I can't even put into words. The MTC is an amazing experience. I know that Sarah will love it. I have not heard from them, though. I have not heard from a lot of people but that is ok. Please tell everyone "hi" for me at Thanksgiving/ Family Reunion.
I can't tell you how hard it is to write in English. We got to teach our second counselor in our branch presidency for three minutes as a going away interview. It was so hard. Not because we did not know the gospel, but that we had learned how to teach in spanish. It's getting harder and harder to form sentences in english. I know that's a good thing, but that also means that my letters will either not make sence in english, be spelled completely wrong, or be written in spanish. My spelling has gotten so much worse. ^_^
Well, Sunday in Relief Society was Sister Espin: second counselor in the general primary presidency. I really liked her talk because she spoke on when her husband was called as a mission president. She was so worried about her children and how their lives would change. She wanted to do the Lord's will, but was worried all the same. She and her husband met with President Monson (who was a counselor at the time) and he told her: "You are going to be alright. If you take care of the Lord's, He will take care of yours." Then he shared with her D&C 84:87-88. It was really nice, and she promised that we would feel God's love for all those we come in contact with.
The sunday fireside was one of our Branch Presidents and his wife. I loved their talks. By the way, look up the song called His Hands, it's absolutely gorgeous. Sister Harris said that our area is reserved for us and that there are people waiting. I love hearing that. President Harris was amazing. He spoke on our Divine Nature. There is no limitation on who we are, but we first must know the Savior. What an amazing promise. We are called of God. Also, look up Bruce R. McKonkie's las talk about "Stay the Course".
Later that night, instead of a movie, we watched Elder Holland's Gift of Teaching. I took 2 whole pages front and back of notes. I really will have to tell you about it when I call on monday.
Well, tuesday's speaker was D Todd Christofferson and his wife. I could not believe it. Sister Christofferson spoke on learning the language of the Holy Spirit. He is always speaking to us, we just don't understand. Kind of reminds me when God was speaking to the Nephites in 3Nephi and they did not know what he was saying until the third time. Elder Christofferson thanked us for being missionaries and for accepting the call. He said that we were "companions" to the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles." What a wonderful idea. It was funny, but about half way through, his sentences were pretty much almost word for word what I told the therapist earlier that day. I know that the Lord is mindful of us.
I don't have much time and I really need to switch my laundry. Hermano Jimenez brought us a small christmas tree and a nativity for our room. It was so cute. Also, yesterday was our last day with Hermana Brown. We had some fun yesterday. I can't wait to talk to all of you and don't worry if you all can't talk. I will just call you seperately if I need to.
I love you all very much. I know you are praying for me; I feel it every day. I will talk to you later. Happy Thanksgiving!!
 
LOVE!!!
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment