Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Time to go!!!!

Here's the letter we received from Jessica yesterday.

Hola,

     So remember when I said that my next letter would be about my travel plans?  I GOT THEM!!!  I did not know that it would be the same day, but it is.  I am SO excited.  Not only did I get them, but I am also the travel leader for a group of 11.  I'm just . . . WOW.  It's still so surreal right now.  I mean.  I am familiar with Utah and still close to home.  The food is the same and so is the language.  I know that in just over a week, though, it's all going to change. Wow!  I really don't know what to think right now.
     I'll tell you a funny story I was told yesterday that reminded me I need to get my mind focused.  So we talk to this older gentleman named Elder Nelson because we teach him every Wednesday.  Well, when he was 19 (probably in the 70's) he went to Buenos Aires North Mission as well.  It's alot of fun to talk to him.  Well, there was a brand new sister missionary that had just gotten into the field and the Bishop asked her to bear her testimony in sacrament meeting.  When she got up there she tried to say, "I'm embarrassed and it's the Bishops fault."  In front of the entire congregation in her first week in the field she ended up saying, "I'm pregnant and it's the Bishop's fault."  I felt so bad and embarrassed for her.  A lot of people make this mistake when they are learning spanish.  They say "embarasada" but that's wrong.  The whole situation including what she said about the Bishop made it all the more funny and embarrassing.
      I'm so excited about my travel plans.  This has been and will continue to be an amazing experience.  I only hope that I can live so that I can get the most out of it and give everything I have.  Thank you for raising me in such a way that I am here and part of an eternal covenant family.  I love you all and all of your examples.  Your testimonies and your lives are so strong.
     Here is my flight plan:
Delta Airlines flight 1912   LV: SLC, Ut          11:25am    28 Nov 2011
                                       AR: Atlanta, GA       5:06pm    28 Nov 2011
Delta Airlines flight 101     LV: Atlanta, GA       7:50pm    28 Nov 2011
                                       AR: Buenos Aires     7:55am    29 Nov 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment